Information technology engineering
– Programming and software engineering –
- Computer security and information protection -
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING :: ACADEMIC DEGREE
Basic academic studies of the first cycle for a total duration of 3 years (6 semesters) – 180 ECTS
- Graduated engineer in computing and informatics – 180 ECTS
Basic academic studies of the first cycle in a total duration of 4 years (8 semesters) - 240 ECTS with specializations:
- Programming and software engineering Degree: Bachelor of Computing and Informatics – 240 ECTS (in the field of software engineering)
- Computer security and information protection Title: Bachelor of Computing and Informatics - 240 ECTS (in the field of computer security)
The most general generic competencies at the level of each cycle of education, which must be possessed by every graduated student, regardless of the study program or the institution where he completed his higher education, are defined as:
- Dublin descriptors (Dublin descriptors), which represent a set of criteria on the expected achievements and abilities of students to distinguish different cycles of education, which were proposed by the Joint Quality Initiative (JQI), and which are accepted as the basis of the description of each cycle of education on ministerial meeting in Bergen in May 2005.
- The general framework for qualifications in European higher education (Framework for Qualifications of the European Higher Education - EQF for HE), which was adopted at the ministerial meeting in Bergen in May 2005.
These competencies are categorized as instrumental, interpersonal and systemic:
- Instrumental competencies include:
- Cognitive abilities, understanding and manipulation of ideas and thoughts.
- Methodological abilities to communicate with the environment: organizing time and strategies for learning, making decisions or solving problems.
- Technological abilities related to the use of technological means, computers and the application of information management skills.
- Language skills such as written and oral communication or knowledge of foreign languages.
- Interpersonal competences: Individual abilities that include the ability to express one's feelings, social skills such as interpersonal skills, working in teams, or expressing social and ethical commitment. These competencies enable processes of social interaction and cooperation.
- System competencies are those skills and abilities that relate to the entire system. They represent a combination of understanding, sensibility and knowledge, with the help of which a person will be able to see the relationship between individual parts and how they make up the whole. These abilities include the ability to plan changes in order to improve existing systems and create new systems. Systemic competences require prior acquisition of instrumental and interpersonal competences
Qualifications representing the successful completion of the first cycle (180-240 ECTS points) are awarded to students who:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the field of study, which builds on their secondary education and is common at first cycle level, supported by appropriate learning resources at higher education level (university textbooks, information and communication technologies), which includes aspects of knowledge of advanced achievements in a given field of study;
- can apply detailed knowledge and critical understanding of the principles related to a given field of study/discipline in a way that shows a professional approach to work or profession, and possess competencies that are usually expressed by the ability to form and support opinions and positions with arguments and the ability to solve problems within the given field of study;
- have the ability to collect and interpret relevant data (within a given field of study) on the basis of which they make judgments that may also include reflections on relevant social scientific or ethical issues;
- they can apply the basic methods of acquiring knowledge and applied research in a given discipline, and are able to decide which approach to use to solve a given problem, and are aware of the extent to which the chosen approach is appropriate for solving such a problem;
- can present and convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to an audience that is specialized in a given field of study, but also to an audience that is not specialized, using the appropriate language (and where appropriate, one or more foreign languages) and using communication tools technology;
- have built learning skills necessary for further study, with a high degree of autonomy and academic skills and properties necessary for research work, understanding and evaluating new information, concepts and evidence from different sources;
- possess the foundation for future self-direction and lifelong learning;
- have acquired interpersonal and teamwork skills, suitable for employment and/or further study.
Program Information technology engineering” trains students for independent and creative work in the field of programming and software engineering, computer security and data protection.
Students are trained to plan, design, test and improve ICT systems, software, hardware and other related concepts for specific applications, to create supporting documentation that includes principles, policies and procedures, as well as design, development, control, maintenance and support of the designed software applications and over databases and other information systems in order to ensure optimal operation, data integrity and security of systems and networks.
Students are trained to: research the use of ICT in business; identification of improvement areas and research into theoretical aspects of operational methods of computer use; evaluation, planning and design of hardware-software configurations for specific applications that include Internet, Intranet, multimedia systems; designing, writing, testing and maintaining computer programs; design and development of database systems as well as their management; Development and management of security plans and creation of security policies as well as administration of computer networks and related computer environments; analysis, development, interpretation and evaluation of complex systems as well as their specifications; development of data models and flow charts in the configuration and integration of computer systems;
They conduct research, plan, design, write, test and advise on improvements to ICT systems in terms of hardware and software specific application requirements, analyze and evaluate existing or new software applications, operating systems and design, develop, test and maintain software solutions, which includes writing and maintains programming code in different programming paradigms (structural/procedural/imperative functional, object-oriented, aspect-oriented, script programming, distributed and parallel programming), in low-level languages (machine languages and assemblers) and higher-level programming languages (C/ C++/C#, Java) for different platforms (desktop, enterprise, mobile, network and Internet systems) that need to meet the needs of users.
They develop, manage, maintain and enable optimal performance and security of information systems and environment infrastructure, including computer networks, databases, hardware and software, as well as operating systems.
They research, analyze and propose strategies for the development of network architecture, their implementation, and the maintenance and configuration of network hardware and software. Monitor network operation, detect problems and optimize network performance;
In the field of security of computer systems and data protection, students are trained to detect and diagnose violations of security protocols, program changes and other system modifications caused by the action of malware, to prevent and protect computer systems, networks and data warehouses from cyber threats and attacks with various and complex defense technologies , to manage the identities of system users and the application of authentication and authorization technology, to ensure the implementation of a firewall and manage the encryption of data transmission, and to provide risk assessment and execution of data processing system testing in the context of its resistance to security threats and attacks.
Students are trained not only for highly creative expert jobs in the field of software engineering, computer security and data protection, but also for leadership, management and management jobs in the field of application of information and communication technologies.
The main goal of the "Information Technology Engineering" study program is the theoretical and practical training of IT experts in the application of software engineering and programming, information technology, computer security and data protection, and the application of professional computer software support and equipment.
The purpose of the study program is the training of IT experts who will be employed in a large number of branches of the application of IT technologies and the IT industry, primarily in the field of programming and cyber security, where there is a lack of quality experts with the necessary theoretical-methodological, applied-practical and interdisciplinary knowledge. In particular, there is a lack of experts in emerging technologies (Emerging Technologies) which represent the top of the technological wave and the so-called upcoming challenges (Emerging Challenges) such as: applied complex computer networks that integrate mobile computing, smart device computing (Internet of Things), wireless networks, cloud data storage networks and complex network applications. Upcoming challenges are also represented by the areas of cybersecurity, Internet of Smart Devices (Internet of Things), mobile computing, virtualization, cluster design, parallel and distributed computing and transparency of computer platforms. In the areas of computer security (cybersecurity), the areas of: computer, network and mobile forensics, protection of large data warehouses in cloud networks, malware analysis of threats, attacks and defense technology, biometric technologies and electronic and mobile banking systems are extremely important.
The modern world is entering an information civilization in which the most important resources are information and means for acquisition, transmission, processing and dissemination of information. The media are becoming information services and the Internet is becoming a universal multimedia mega-media of exchanging and marketing information in an interactive form.
Therefore, the general goals of the "Information Technology Engineering" study program are to ensure the transfer of applicable and practical knowledge in the field of software engineering, information technology and computer security, and to produce new generation IT experts who are trained to successfully enter the dynamic market of new information technologies.
The basic general mission of the Faculty of Information Technologies is:
- The establishment of a competent higher education institution based on the curricula and programs of modern computer, network and communication technologies, whose main goal is to offer deep and operational knowledge in the scientific fields of computer science, information technology, information systems, computer and software engineering, as well as students' abilities in practical and professional applications;
- Implementation of a modern didactic approach through a dialogue-system and a mentor-supported study process, which combines basic academic studies with practical engagement of students and in student research works.
- A dialogue system of interactive teaching with student mentoring based on an integrated mixed model of study and learning (blended learning) which assumes a synthesis of contact teaching, distance education and mobile education, or. synthesis of different forms of delivery of teaching content and different teaching methods;
- The University develops and encourages educational styles of problem-based learning (problem-based learning), symbiotic learning (symbiotic learning) and project-based learning (project based-learning).
Considering the exceptional dynamics in the scientific fields covering computer science and information technology, and considering the high competitiveness of the information technology market, the primary task of the study program is to train students for further collaborative and independent acquisition of knowledge, both through the methodological aspect of the teaching content and through a specific interdisciplinary and action approach in the elaboration of those contents.
The educational goal is the adoption of modules of academic-general education knowledge from disciplines that enable understanding and technical communication with other technical professions and affirm the multidisciplinarity of work teams, to which informaticists will necessarily be referred in the jobs they will work on. Also the adoption of scientific and professional knowledge in computer science that ensures their application in practice, or. acquisition of professional-applied knowledge from information technologies that enable the transfer of knowledge in work and technological processes.
The goal is training for quick and efficient inclusion of graduates in the production process and effective professional engagement in the workplace. The goal is also to build professional ethics in work and responsibility at work, which are significant in the field of sophisticated information technologies where great abuses of work and interpersonal ethics are possible.
Throughout the program, the emphasis is on the acquisition of practical and applicable knowledge and skills resulting from theoretical and methodological insights and understanding of hardware and software concepts from the scientific fields of computing and informatics. Practical work/projects and a large number of tasks are done in most subjects. Upon completion of studies, the student is fully qualified for successful work and a professional career in all areas of software engineering, information technology, and computer security and protection.
The study program includes the acquisition of skills for independent work in software packages intended for the development, design, design, coding and implementation of various software products, packages and systems such as RAD tools for design, construction and programming in the programming language C++, development environment tools for JAVA programming language, Eclipse development environment for creating and testing mobile applications in the Android operating system, detailed knowledge of PHP programming language and integration of PHP programming language and AJAX technology, use of ADO, OLE, and SQL. software technologies, for developing Internet applications, and to integrate Microsoft Office applications into other programs, tools for working in machine languages and assemblers, to describe the language syntax in a formal way and to construct simpler language processors and translators using standard tools.
Students will be able to apply the general procedure of developing a parallel program while achieving the desired features of the algorithm. Through practical work, students gain experience in developing parallel applications and become familiar with programming tools for their development.
Skills in the application of technologies for the development of the Internet of intelligent devices.
System installation, configuration and networking skills Windows Server 2016, configure Hyper-V virtual machines, install and configure Active Directory, and manage data storage, maintenance and administration skills Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
Students have the skills to manage key security aspects and protection technologies of computer networks, use of binary tools, tools for disassembly and debugging, sandbox tools to create virtual machine and network environment for the purpose of computer and network forensics. Skills of operational work with applications that are part of the PKI infrastructure and to independently prepare and complete the application of a legal entity for obtaining digital certificates. The skills of security subsystem administrators in electronic and mobile banking systems are growing.
In cooperation with the Microsoft corporation, students will be provided Microsoft educational courses during the processing of compatible courses (Microsoft Official Courses) which will be included in the study program in the part of conducting exercises, seminars, practicums and pedagogical workshops in order to permeate the theoretical contents of teaching subjects with practical and professional contents of preparing students for professional development.
The following Microsoft courses are planned:
- Course: 98-349 Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Course: 98-361 Software Development Fundamentals
- Course: 70-762 Developing SQL Database
- Course: 98-366 Networking Fundamentals
- Course: 98-361 Software Development Fundamentals (VB)
- Course: 98-383 Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS
- Course: 98-369 Cloud Fundamentals
- Course: 98-364 Win. Srv. Administration Fundamentals
- Course: 98 365 Database Fundamentals
- Course: 98-367 Security Fundamentals
- Course: 70-744 Securing Windows Server
- Course: 70-346 Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements
- Course: 98-381 Introduction to Programming Using Python
- Course: 70-742 Identity with Windows Server
- Course: 74-343 Managing project with Microsoft project
- Course: 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server
- Course: 70-483 Programming in C#
- Course: 98-375 HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Course: 70-357 Developing Mobile Apps
The most important element of the social justification of the "Information Technology Engineering" study program is the relevance of the titles and occupations for which the graduated student of this study program is qualified for the domestic and international labor market, and the possibility of employment of graduated students.
Taking into account that today all jobs are based on the direct or indirect application of information technologies, either as jobs in the information technology industry itself, or jobs in other economic branches that use information technologies in their work (hardware-software tools for work), as well as every part of our lives that is interwoven with information technologies from multimedia, through smart devices to communication infrastructure and social networks, from learning with the help of information and communication technologies to health infrastructure, we can state that man has become absolutely addicted to information and communication and multimedia technologies ( Internet, mobile phones, digital television, social networks, ...), making global civilization a digital civilization. It is clear that graduates of the "Information Technology Engineering" study program have enormous opportunities for professional work and employment, both in our country and abroad, because this study program covers currently the most urgent and technologically demanding areas within information technology: programming and software engineering with on the one hand, computer security and information protection on the other.
Given the extremely wide field of activity, many employment models are possible in the field of software engineering and computer security, from independent entry on the global market (free lancing), through work in teams, independent ICT companies, to performing prestigious support, introduction, development jobs and maintenance of information technologies and assets in small, medium and large corporations. Jobs in the field of information and communication technologies are among the most sought-after jobs on the global labor market. The advantage of these jobs is that they have the highest level of transparency in relation to the synchronization of time and space, because a large part of these jobs can be performed from remote locations, and as highly creative jobs, they also have a high level of independence and autonomy.
According to the valid Classification of Occupations of BiH - KZBiH-08 (The Statistics Agency of BiH introduced and applies the Classification of Occupations of BiH - KZBiH-08 which is based on the international classification of occupations ISCO-08 and which was published in the Official Gazette of BiH No. 100/10 and Official Gazette of the RS No. 40/11) students who complete the "Information Technology Engineering" study program are qualified for prestigious occupations and jobs that are listed in this Curriculum and are classified according to the International Standard Classification of Occupations adopted in 2008. by the International Labor Organization-ILO ("International Standard Classification of Occupations" designation: ISCO-08):
According to research by the American Bureau of Employment, the IT sector is at the top of the list of the most sought-after and most attractive occupations today, and all indicators show that it will retain that position in the future. According to this research, "traditional" professions in the IT sector, such as system administrators, programmers, WEB administrators and analysts, still maintain a strong position, but today new professions are emerging in other directions in the field of information technology, which are developing intensively and for which the demand is growing exponentially. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics lists these occupations:
- Network administrator
- Software development expert
- Internet entrepreneur
- 3D animation expert
- Producer of audio and video content
- Expert in digital film production
- Environmental simulation development expert
- Computer video game developer
- Bioinformatics expert
- Expert in medical modeling
Standard jobs in this field in the USA(*) are categorized under code 15-1133.00 - "Software Developers, System Software". For these jobs, the average income in 2016 is US$ 106.860,00 with a total of 425.000 employees (data for 2016) and forecasts of new employment for 32.700 experts in the period of the next 8 years.
Occupation 15-1131.00 - "Computer Programmers" earns an average annual income in 2016 of US $79,840 with a total of 295.000 employees (2016 data) and projections of new employment for 15.400 professionals over the next 8 years.
(*) Data taken from "The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) WEB portal https://www.onetonline.org/ which was developed under the sponsorship of the US Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA).
The "Information Technology Engineering" study program precisely prepares students for most of the listed professions, which shows that it is an extremely attractive and important study program that follows world trends and as such absolutely fulfills the social justification of its implementation.
It must be emphasized that in the field of computer programming there are great opportunities for work and earnings in the form of "outsourcing". The essence of this modern way of working is that jobs and tasks are downloaded via the Internet, and work results are sent in the same way. The possibility of such work in the field of programming is greater than most other applications of information technology. The world market in the field of software engineering and computer security is huge, with a far greater demand for professional and creative work than the current supply provided by experts - residents in those countries. The problem is that works in this field require high knowledge acquired through studies at the higher education level, significant skills in the use of various software tools in the field of programming which are acquired through the practical part of the studies, but also through work experience and possessing a critical mass of innovation and creativity. There are huge advantages of this way of working, because young and talented experts can work in their own working environment, without leaving their local communities and without traveling abroad, while generating enough income for a quality life and family financing. This significantly contributes to reducing the "brain drain" and partially solves the issue of unemployment.
The "Information Technology Engineering" study program is interdisciplinary in nature, as it educates students in several narrower areas of computing and informatics: software engineering, information technologies and computer security.
However, the study program "Information Technology Engineering" is within the interdisciplinary approach focused on information technologies that provide the basis for the so-called upcoming new computer and information technologies in the fields of applied computer networks, mobile computing, computer security, smart device computing, transparent platform technologies, distributed and parallel programming, while giving students a solid foundation of knowledge in basic computer disciplines related to the architecture of computer systems, programming theory , internet technologies. There is also a much larger pool of practical lessons and exercises that enable students to master complex software tools related to all forms of application of computer programming and protection.
In that aspect, this study program differs from similar study programs from the near and far environment, which also makes it unique, considering that it educates experts who possess greater IT competence compared to the existing staff in this field and compared to the majority of staff who are study on similar study programs. Namely, in similar study programs in the environment, the focus is on information technology and less on advanced programming, software engineering and computer security.
For the above reasons, this study program is socially significant because it fills an obvious gap for personnel with very specific profiles and specifically defined competencies.
The Pan-European University APEIRON and the MICROSOFT company have had excellent cooperation in various fields for many years. APEIRON was one of the first Microsoft IT Academy Program members in this area. The Pan-European University's membership in this educational Microsoft program was once personally signed by Steve Ballmer, and the continuation of successful cooperation was confirmed by CEO Satya Nadella. The highlight of the cooperation was the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding, which ensured the participation of the Microsoft company in the development of the "Information Technology Engineering" study program. The memorandum also foresees the option of achieving future cooperation in the actual implementation of the "Information Technology Engineering" study program.
Many subjects included in the curriculum of the "Information Technology Engineering" study program significantly overlap with the teaching content of the Microsoft Official courses and represent a good basis for later preparation for taking those exams in authorized test centers (the Pan-European University is a licensed test center in the "PEARSON VUE" and "CERTIPORT" systems).
Overview of MOC Microsoft Official Courses by subject
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
(Dean of the Faculty of Information Technologies)
He was born on April 28.4.1956, 1980. in Prijedor, where he finished elementary school and high school. He graduated from the Faculty of Economics in Banja Luka in 1997. At the same faculty, he received his master's degree and doctorate in 1980 in the field of Business Informatics. From XNUMX to ...