Information technology engineering
Documents for download
- Programming and software engineering -
- Computer security and information protection -
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING :: ACADEMIC TITLES
Basic academic studies of the first cycle lasting a total of 3 years (6 semesters) - 180 ECTS
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Informatics - 180 ECTS
Basic academic studies of the first cycle lasting a total of 4 years (8 semesters) - 240 ECTS with specializations:
- Programming and Software Engineering Title: BSc in Computer and Informatics - 240 ECTS (in the field of software engineering)
- Computer Security and Information Protection Title: BSc in Computer and Informatics - 240 ECTS (in the field of computer security)
The most general generic competencies at the level of each of the cycles of education, which must be possessed by every graduate regardless of the study program or. institution in which he completed his higher education, are defined:
- Dublin descriptors, which represent a set of criteria for students' expected achievement and ability to distinguish between different cycles of education, proposed by the Joint Quality Initiative (JQI), and which are accepted as the basis for describing each cycle of education in ministerial meeting in Bergen in May 2005.
- The General Framework for Qualifications in European Higher Education (EQF for HE), adopted at the ministerial meeting in Bergen in May 2005.
These competencies are categorized as instrumental, interpersonal and systemic:
- Instrumental competencies include:
- Cognitive abilities, understanding and manipulation of ideas and thoughts.
- Methodological abilities of communication with the environment: organizing time and learning strategies, making decisions or solving problems.
- Technological abilities related to the use of technological means, computers and the application of information management skills.
- Language skills such as written and oral communication or knowledge of foreign languages.
- Interpersonal Competences: Individual abilities that include the ability to express one's feelings, social skills such as inter-personal skills, teamwork, or expressing social and ethical commitment. These competencies enable the processes of social interaction and cooperation.
- Systemic competencies are those skills and abilities that apply to the entire system. They represent a combination of understanding, sensibility and knowledge with which a person will be able to see in what relationship the individual parts are and in what way they form a whole. These skills include the ability to plan for change to improve entire systems and create new systems. Systemic competencies require prior adoption of instrumental and interpersonal competencies
Qualifications that represent the successful completion of the first cycle (180-240 ECTS credits) are awarded to students who:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the field of study, which builds on their secondary education and which is common at the first cycle level, with the support of appropriate resources for higher education (university textbooks, information and communication technologies), which includes aspects of knowledge of advanced achievements in a given field of study;
- can apply detailed knowledge and critical understanding of principles related to a given field of study / discipline in a way that demonstrates a professional approach to work or profession, and possess competencies that are usually expressed by the ability to form and support opinions and views and the ability to solve problems within a given field of study;
- have the ability to collect and interpret relevant data (within a given field of study) on the basis of which they make judgments that may also contain reflections on relevant social scientific or ethical issues;
- can apply basic knowledge acquisition methods and applied research in a given discipline, and are able to decide which approach to use to solve a given problem, and are aware of the extent to which the chosen approach is appropriate to solve such a problem;
- can present and convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to an audience that specializes in a given field of study, but also to an audience that is not specialized, using the appropriate language (and where appropriate, one or more foreign languages) and using communication technology;
- have built the learning skills necessary for further study, with a high degree of autonomy and the academic skills and characteristics necessary for research work, understanding and evaluating new information, concepts and evidence from a variety of sources;
- possess a foundation for future self-direction and lifelong learning;
- have acquired interpersonal and teamwork skills, suitable for employment and / or further study.
The Information Technology Engineering Program ”enables students to work independently and creatively in the field of programming and software engineering, computer security and data protection.
Students are trained to plan, design, test and improve ICT systems, software, hardware and other related concepts for specific applications, to create supporting documentation that includes principles, policies and procedures, as well as design, development, control, maintenance and support of designed software applications and over databases and other information systems to ensure optimal operation, data integrity and security of systems and networks.
Students are trained to: research the use of ITC in business; identification of areas for improvement and research of theoretical aspects of operational methods of computer use; evaluation, planning and design of hardware-software configurations for specific applications that include Internet, Intranet, multimedia systems; design, writing, testing and maintenance of computer programs; design and development of database systems as well as their management; Development and management of security plans and creation of security policies as well as administration of computer networks and related computer environments; analysis, development, interpretation and evaluation of complex systems as well as their specifications; development of data models and flow diagrams in the configuration and integration of computer systems;
Conduct research, plan, design, write, test and advise on ICT system improvements in terms of hardware and software specific application requirements, analyze and evaluate existing or new software applications, operating systems and design, develop, test and maintain software solutions including writing and maintains program code in various programming paradigms (structural / procedural / imperative functional, object-oriented, aspect-oriented, script programming, distributed and parallel programming), in low-level languages (machine languages and assemblers) and higher programming languages (C / C ++ / C #, Java) for different platforms (desktop, enterprise, mobile, network and internet systems) that need to meet the needs of users.
They develop, manage, maintain and enable optimal performance and security of information systems and infrastructure environments, including, computer networks, databases, hardware and software, as well as operating systems.
They research, analyze and propose strategies for the development of network architecture, their implementation, and maintenance and configuration of network hardware and software. Monitor network performance, detect problems, and optimize network performance;
In the field of computer security and data protection, students are able to detect and diagnose violations of security protocols, software changes and other modifications of systems caused by malware, to warn and protect computer systems, networks and data warehouses from cyber threats and attacks. , to manage the identities of system users and the application of authentication and authorization technology, to ensure the implementation of the firewall and manage data encryption, and to provide risk assessment and testing of data processing systems in the context of its resistance to security threats and attacks.
Students are trained not only for highly creative expert work in the field of software engineering, computer security and data protection, but also for management, governance and management in the field of application of information and communication technologies.
The main goal of the study program "Information Technology Engineering" is the theoretical and practical training of IT experts in the application of software engineering and programming, information technology, computer security and data protection, and the application of professional computer software support and equipment.
The purpose of the study program is to train IT experts who will be employed in a large number of branches of application of IT technologies and IT industry, primarily in the field of programming and cyber security, where there is a lack of quality experts with necessary theoretical-methodological, applied-practical and interdisciplinary knowledge. In particular, there is a lack of experts in emerging technologies ( Emerging Technologies ), which represent the peak of the technological wave and the so-called. Emerging Challenges such as: applied complex computer networks that integrate mobile computing, Internet of Things computing, wireless networks, cloud storage networks, and complex network applications. Upcoming challenges include cybersecurity, the Internet of Things, mobile computing, virtualization, cluster design, parallel and distributed computing, and the transparency of computing platforms. In the areas of computer security (cybersecurity), the following areas are extremely important: computer, network and mobile forensics, protection of large data warehouses in cloud networks, malware threat analysis, attack and defense technology, biometric technologies and electronic and mobile banking systems.
The modern world is entering the information civilization in which the most important resources are information and means for the acquisition, transmission, processing and dissemination of information. Media become information services and the Internet becomes a universal multimedia mega-medium of exchange and placement of information in an interactive form.
Therefore, the general goals of the study program "Information Technology Engineering" are to ensure the transfer of applicable and practical knowledge in the field of software engineering, information technology and computer security, and to produce new generation IT professionals who are trained to successfully enter the dynamic market of new information technologies.
The basic general mission of the Faculty of Information Technology is:
- Establishment of a competent higher education institution based on the curricula of modern computer, network and communication technologies, whose main goal is to offer deep and operational knowledge in the scientific fields of computer science, information technology, information systems, computer and software engineering, as well as abilities of students in practical and professional applications;
- Implementing a modern didactic approach through a dialogue-system and mentoring-supported study process, which combines basic academic studies with the practical engagement of students in student research papers.
- Dialogue system of interactive teaching with student mentoring based on an integrated mixed model of study and learning (blended learning) which assumes the synthesis of contact teaching, distance education and mobile education, ie. synthesis of different forms of delivery of teaching contents and different teaching methods of teaching;
- University develops and encourages educational styles of problem learning (problem-based learning), symbiotic learning (symbiotic learning) and learning based on projects (project based-learning).
Given the exceptional dynamics in the scientific fields covering computer science and information technology, and given the great competitiveness of the information technology market, the primary task of the study program is to train students for further collaborative and independent acquisition of knowledge, both through the methodological aspect of teaching and through specific interdisciplinary and action approach in the elaboration of these contents.
The educational goal is the adoption of modules of academic and general educational knowledge from disciplines that enable understanding and technical communication with other technical professions and affirm the multidisciplinarity of work teams, to which computer scientists will necessarily be instructed in the jobs they will work on. Also the adoption of scientific and professional knowledge in computer science that ensures their application in practice, ie. adoption of professional-applied knowledge from information technologies that enable the transfer of knowledge in work and technological processes.
The goal is training for fast and efficient inclusion of graduates in the production process and efficient professional engagement in the workplace. It also aims to build professional ethics at work and responsibilities at work, which are important in the field of sophisticated information technology in which major abuses of work and interpersonal ethics are possible.
Throughout the program, the emphasis is on acquiring practical and applicable knowledge and skills that arise from theoretical and methodological insights and understanding of hardware and software concepts in the scientific fields of computer science and informatics. Most of the subjects are practical works / projects and a large number of tasks. Upon completion of the study, the student is fully qualified for successful work and professional career in all areas of software engineering, information technology and computer security and protection.
The study program includes the acquisition of skills for independent work in software packages intended for development, design, design, coding and implementation of various software products, packages and systems such as RAD tools for design, construction and programming in C ++ programming language, development environment tools for JAVA programming language, Eclipse development environment for creating and testing mobile applications in the Android operating system, detailed knowledge of PHP programming language and integration of PHP programming language and AJAX technology, use of ADO, OLE, and SQL. software technologies, for the development of Internet applications, and to integrate Microsoft Office applications into other programs, tools for working in machine languages and assemblers, to formally describe the syntax of the language and using simple tools to construct simpler language processors and translators.
Students will be able to apply the general procedure of developing a parallel program while achieving the desired properties of the algorithm. Through practical work, students gain experience in the development of parallel applications and get acquainted with the software tools for their development.
Skills of application of technologies for development of internet of intelligent devices.
Installation, configuration, and networking skills in Window Server 2016, configure Hyper-V virtual machines, install and configure Active Directory, and manage storage space, maintenance and administration skills of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 .
Students have the skills to manage key security aspects and technologies of computer network protection, the use of binary tools, disassembly and debugging tools, sandbox tools for creating a virtual machine and network environment for computer and network forensics. Skills of operational work with applications that are part of the PKI infrastructure and to independently prepare and complete the application of a legal entity for obtaining digital certificates. They combine the skills of security subsystem administrators in electronic and mobile banking systems.
In cooperation with Microsoft, students will be provided with Microsoft Official Courses during the processing of compatible subjects, which will be included in the study program in the part of conducting exercises, seminars, practicums and pedagogical workshops in order to permeate theoretical subjects with practical and professional contents. prepare students for professional development.
The following Microsoft courses are planned:
- Course: 98-349 Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- Course: 98-361 Software Development Fundamentals
- Course: 70-762 Developing SQL Database
- Course: 98-366 Networking Fundamentals
- Course: 98-361 Software Development Fundamentals (UK)
- Course: 98-383 Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS
- Course: 98-369 Cloud Fundamentals
- Course: 98-364 Win. Srv. Administration Fundamentals
- Course: 98 365 Database Fundamentals
- Course: 98-367 Security Fundamentals
- Course: 70-744 Securing Windows Server
- Course: 70-346 Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirments
- Course: 98-381 Introduction to Programming Using Pyton
- Course: 70-742 Identity with Windows Server
- Course: 74-343 Managing project with Microsoft project
- Course: 70-462 Administring Microsoft SQL Server
- Course: 70-483 Programming in C #
- Course: 98-375 HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Course: 70-357 Developing Mobile Apps
The most important element of the social justification of the study program "Information Technology Engineering" is the relevance of the profession and occupation for which the graduate student of this study program is qualified for the domestic and international labor market, and the possibility of employment of graduates.
Considering that today all jobs are based on the direct or indirect application of information technology, either as jobs in the information technology industry itself, or jobs in other industries that use information technology in their work (hardware and software tools for work), as well as every part of our lives that is interwoven with information technologies from multimedia, through smart devices to communication infrastructure and social networks, from learning with the help of information and communication technologies to health infrastructure, we can say that man has become an absolute addict of information and communication and multimedia technologies ( Internet, mobile phones, digital television, social networks,…), thus making global civilization a digital civilization. It is clear that graduates of the study program "Information Technology Engineering" have great opportunities for professional activity and employment, both at home and abroad, because this study program currently covers the most relevant and technologically demanding areas in information technology: programming and software engineering on the one hand, computer security and information protection on the other.
Given the extremely wide field of activity, many employment models are possible in the field of software engineering and computer security, from independent performance in the global market (free lancing), through team work, independent ICT companies, to performing prestigious support, introduction, development and the maintenance of information technology and assets in small, medium, and large corporations. Jobs in the field of information and communication technologies are among the most sought after jobs in the global labor market. The advantage of these jobs is that they have the highest level of transparency in relation to the synchronization of time and space because a large part of these jobs can be done from remote locations and as highly creative jobs they have a high level of independence and autonomy.
According to the current Classification of Occupations BiH - KZBiH-08 (Agency for Statistics of BiH has introduced and applies the Classification of Occupations BiH - KZBiH-08 which is based on the international classification of occupations ISCO-08 and published in the Official Gazette of BiH No. 100/10 and Official Gazette of RS No. 40/11) students who complete the study program "Information Technology Engineering" are trained for prestigious occupations and jobs that are listed in this Curriculum and classified according to the International Standard Classification of Occupations adopted in 2008. by the International Labor Organization (ILO) (International Standard Classification of Occupations: ISCO-08):
According to research by the American Employment Service, the IT sector is at the top of the list of the most sought after and most attractive occupations today and all indicators show that it will maintain this position in the future. According to this research, "traditional" occupations in the IT sector such as system administrators, programmers, WEB administrators and analysts still maintain a strong position, but today new occupations are emerging in other areas in the field of information technology that are developing intensively and for which demand is growing exponentially. The U.S. Employment Service lists these occupations:
- Network administrator
- Software development expert
- Internet entrepreneur
- Expert in 3D animations
- Producer of audio and video content
- Expert in digital film production
- Expert in environmental simulation development
- Computer video game developer
- Bioinformatics expert
- Medical modeling expert
Standard jobs in this area in the USA (*) are categorized under the code 15-1133.00 - “Software Developers, System Software”. For these jobs, the average income in 2016 is US $ 106,860.00 with a total of 425,000 employees (data for 2016) and new employment forecasts for 32,700 professionals in the next 8 years.
Occupation 15-1131.00 - “Computer Programmers” achieves an average annual income in 2016 of $ 79,840US with a total of 295,000 employees (data for 2016) and new employment projections for 15,400 professionals over the next 8 years.
(*) Data downloaded from The Occupational Information Network (O * NET) WEB portal https://www.onetonline.org/ developed under the auspices of the US Department of Labor / Employment and Training Administration (USDOL / ETA).
The study program "Information Technology Engineering" is currently training students for most of the listed professions, which shows that it is an extremely attractive and important study program that follows world trends and as such absolutely meets the social justification of performance.
It must be emphasized that in the field of computer programming there are great opportunities for work and earnings in the form of "outsourcing". The essence of this modern way of working is that jobs and work tasks are downloaded via the Internet, and the results of work are sent in the same way. The possibility of such work in the domain of programming is greater than most other applications of information technology. The world market in the field of software engineering and computer security is huge, with far greater demand for professional and creative work than the current supply provided by experts - residents in these countries. The problem is that works in this field require high knowledge acquired through study at the higher level, significant skills in using various software tools in the field of programming that are acquired through the practical part of the study, but also through work experience and critical mass of innovation and creativity. There are huge advantages of this way of working because young and talented professionals can work in their own work environment, without leaving their local communities and without traveling abroad, while earning enough income for a quality life and family financing. This significantly contributes to the reduction of "brain drain" and partially addresses the issue of unemployment.
The study program "Information Technology Engineering" is interdisciplinary in nature by educating students in several narrow areas of computer science and informatics: software engineering, information technology and computer security.
However, the study program "Information Technology Engineering" is within the interdisciplinary approach focused on information technology that provides the basis for the so-called. upcoming new computer and information technologies in the areas of applied computer networks, mobile computing, computer security, smart computing, transparent platform technologies, distributed and parallel programming, giving students a solid knowledge base from basic computer disciplines related to computer systems architecture, programming theory , internet technology. It is also a far larger fund of practical classes and exercises that allows students to master complex software tools related to all forms of application of computer programming and protection.
In this aspect, this study program differs from similar study programs from the near and far environment, which makes it unique, as it educates professionals who have greater IT competencies compared to existing staff in this field and in relation to most staff who are they study in similar study programs. Namely, in similar study programs in the area, the focus is on information technology and less on advanced programming, software engineering and computer security.
For these reasons, this study program is socially significant because it fills the evident gap for staff with very specific profiles and specifically defined competencies.
APEIRON Pan-European University and MICROSOFT have had excellent cooperation in various fields for many years. APEIRON was one of the first Microsoft IT Academy Program members in this area. The membership of the Pan-European University in this educational Microsoft program was once personally signed by Steve Ballmer, and the continuation of the successful cooperation was confirmed by the CEO Satya Nadella. The culmination of the cooperation is the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding, which ensured the participation of Microsoft in the development of the study program "Information Technology Engineering". The memorandum also envisages the option of achieving future cooperation in the implementation of the study program "Information Technology Engineering".
Many subjects covered by the curriculum of the study program "Information Technology Engineering" significantly overlap with the curriculum for taking Microsoft Official courses and represent a good basis for later preparation for taking these exams in authorized test centers (Pan-European University is a licensed test center). in the PEARSON VUE and CERTIPORT systems).
Overview of MOC Microsoft Official Courses by subject
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
(Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology)
He was born on April 28, 1956. in Prijedor, where he finished elementary school and high school. He graduated from the Faculty of Economics in Banja Luka in 1980. He received his master's and doctoral degrees from the same faculty in 1997 in the field of Business Informatics. From 1980 to ...