Computer multimedia and graphics
Documents for download
a / Bachelor's degree of the first cycle lasting 3 years (6 semesters) - 180 ECTS
- BSc in Computer Multimedia and Graphics - 180 ECTS (Bachelor of Multimedia & Graphics Computing - BSc.CM & G)
The goals of the study program "Computer Multimedia and Graphics" are theoretical and practical training of IT experts in the application of computer graphics and design, multimedia systems, professional computer software support and equipment, as well as audio and video equipment in 24 areas of digital graphics and multimedia. The goal is also to enable IT professionals to solve complex tasks in the field of interactive design in various new media environments, such as production and processing of digital multimedia content (vector and raster computer graphics, digital images, animation, digital video and sound), advanced use videos in studio techniques, processing and application of sound and sound effects, application and corporate interface design.
The aim of the study program is also to form a critical opinion about existing graphic design products on the market, interactive presentations, WEB pages, and for the student to develop a critical attitude towards their work.
The program will train IT experts for the installation and implementation of multimedia systems and devices for studio and independent production of programs and multimedia content in accordance with world standards. The goal is also to acquaint students with modern methods for creating multimedia presentations, quality and fast transmission of multimedia information and the need to maintain high quality produced information.
The purpose of the study program is to educate IT professionals who will be employed in a large number of branches of application of IT technologies and IT industry in the field of computer graphics and multimedia such as:
- creation of various graphic and multimedia content in print and electronic media in the fields of digital publishing, electronic newspapers, internet presentations and in the field of marketing and advertising;
- creation of interactive and multimedia content in the production of TV programs and on film (technical aspects), as well as in the production of marketing content;
- checking the technical quality of the produced program in accordance with the standards for recording and transmission;
- creation of audio content in radio programs in radio stations and on the Internet;
- design and maintenance of multimedia information systems;
- creating dynamic WEB content and interactive WEB applications;
- electronic publishing;
- animated program production;
- radio and TV journalism;
- intercultural communication;
The program primarily focuses on graphic design, visual communications, multimedia, interaction and synthesis of different media, production and dynamic visual principles, application of graphic design and multimedia in public communications, on the Internet in marketing and advertising, multimedia for public relations, promotion and visualization of the propaganda message, and the synthesis of multimedia in the field of interactive digital television, film and in the production of various video content. The program also covers theoretical aspects of design and creative writing in the field of scriptwriting. Students master advanced methods and techniques of digital image processing, sound, video, illustration techniques, animation and composing interactive multimedia content, advanced study techniques.
Students simultaneously acquire knowledge in other areas of information and computer technologies related to computer systems and networks, computer network management, system software, algorithms and data structures, programming principles, databases, business applications and electronic business.
Within the general-educational group of courses, the following courses are available to students in the compulsory and elective programs: "Mundology" (cultural-civilizational paradigms of civil democratic society), "Communication", "Philosophy of Life" (academic skills) which is a kind of general and special methodology with academic skills, “Social psychology”, “Decision theory”, “Fundamentals of systems theory and management”, “Foreign languages”.
Systemic competencies are also acquired through research and professional papers (seminar, access, specialist), practice, work in laboratories, study work (graphic, film, TV studies) and marketing, PR or. promotional agencies.
- General-professional and professional-applied subjects in the field of information and computer technologies: "Discrete mathematical structures", "Architecture of computer systems and networks", "System software (operating systems)", "Programming principles", "Databases", "NET management - administration and management of computer networks ”,“ Algorithms and data structures ”,“ WEB programming and design ”.
- Master's study in the field of computer graphics, design and multimedia, which includes subjects: "Vector graphics and design", "Raster graphics and design", "CAD with the basics of technical drawing", "Digital photography", "Sound processing and analysis", " Computer Animation ”, 3D Animation”, “Multimedia”, “Digital Video Editing”, “Advanced Studio Techniques and Special Effects”, “DTP-Digital Publishing”, “Interactive Digital Television”.
- Subjects in the field of theoretical foundations of design and creative writing: "Graphic design", "Scriptwriting", "Multimedia content".
- Courses in the field of specialist application of computer graphics and design in marketing, advertising, PR and promotion: "Visualization of the propaganda message: Art direction", "Internet marketing and electronic business", "Television advertising", "Business applications".
- Subjects that expand knowledge from the basic scientific fields of parent studies;
The most general generic competencies at the level of each of the cycles of education, which must be possessed by every graduate regardless of the study program or. institution in which he completed his higher education, are defined:
- Dublin descriptors, which represent a set of criteria for students' expected achievement and ability to distinguish between different cycles of education, proposed by the Joint Quality Initiative (JQI), and which are accepted as the basis for describing each cycle of education in ministerial meeting in Bergen in May 2005.
- The General Framework for Qualifications in European Higher Education (EQF for HE), adopted at the ministerial meeting in Bergen in May 2005.
These competencies are categorized as instrumental, interpersonal and systemic:
- Instrumental competencies include:
- Cognitive abilities, understanding and manipulation of ideas and thoughts.
- Methodological abilities of communication with the environment: organizing time and learning strategies, making decisions or solving problems.
- Technological abilities related to the use of technological means, computers and the application of information management skills.
- Language skills such as written and oral communication or knowledge of foreign languages.
- Interpersonal Competences: Individual abilities that include the ability to express one's feelings, social skills such as inter-personal skills, teamwork, or expressing social and ethical commitment. These competencies enable the processes of social interaction and cooperation.
- Systemic competencies are those skills and abilities that apply to the entire system. They represent a combination of understanding, sensibility and knowledge with which a person will be able to see in what relationship the individual parts are and in what way they form a whole. These skills include the ability to plan for change to improve entire systems and create new systems. Systemic competencies require prior adoption of instrumental and interpersonal competencies
Qualifications that represent the successful completion of the first cycle (180-240 ECTS credits) are awarded to students who:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the field of study, which builds on their secondary education and which is common at the first cycle level, with the support of appropriate resources for higher education (university textbooks, information and communication technologies), which includes aspects of knowledge of advanced achievements in a given field of study;
- can apply detailed knowledge and critical understanding of principles related to a given field of study / discipline in a way that demonstrates a professional approach to work or profession, and possess competencies that are usually expressed by the ability to form and support opinions and views and the ability to solve problems within a given field of study;
- have the ability to collect and interpret relevant data (within a given field of study) on the basis of which they make judgments that may also contain reflections on relevant social scientific or ethical issues;
- can apply basic knowledge acquisition methods and applied research in a given discipline, and are able to decide which approach to use to solve a given problem, and are aware of the extent to which the chosen approach is appropriate to solve such a problem;
- can present and convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to an audience that specializes in a given field of study, but also to an audience that is not specialized, using the appropriate language (and where appropriate, one or more foreign languages) and using communication technology;
- have built the learning skills necessary for further study, with a high degree of autonomy and the academic skills and characteristics necessary for research work, understanding and evaluating new information, concepts and evidence from a variety of sources;
- possess a foundation for future self-direction and lifelong learning;
- have acquired interpersonal and teamwork skills, suitable for employment and / or further study.
The program "Computer Graphics and Multimedia" enables students to work independently and creatively in the field of multimedia design and interactive media. The program enables the acquisition of theoretical, professional and practical knowledge in the field of digital arts, graphic design and multimedia content design, as well as a wider range of social and humanistic subjects related to the field of multimedia communication, marketing and advertising.
Courses in the field of design and processing of multimedia content aim to enable each student to work on projects that include the realization of design concepts and solutions, using computer applications and the possibility of multimedia, creative expression. Working in such an environment is characterized by the use of digital technologies, as well as interactive narration and dynamic visualization in an interactive environment, in order to create a wide range of materials for visual communication.
Students of this program are able to conceptually and visually create various interactive multimedia forms. Students gain knowledge about the technological and aesthetic features and possibilities of WEB design and animation and about all segments of the process of creating an animated film. Students are trained for both leadership and technical resp. design productions of Internet marketing campaigns, as well as for conceptual and structural creation of visual identity in the WEB-space.
In the field of WEB design and application of multimedia content on the Internet, the study program enables students to:
- creative work in the field of WEB design, as well as designing WEB sites and portals,
- introduction of interactive media, 2D and 3D computer graphics and animation on the Internet,
- development of human-computer interaction,
- development of graphical interface of WEB applications,
- creation of visual computer 3D models
A student who completes the study program "Computer Multimedia and Graphics" is able to independently or as part of a team, be in the workplace:
- WEB designers
- User Interface Designer
- Interactive platform designers
- 3D model
- 2D and 3D animators
- Visual effects designer
- The concept and character of the designer
- Motion graphics designer
Students are trained for independent or team work on complex multimedia content design projects with advanced study techniques in the field of television production and film, and the production of interactive multimedia content in the field of marketing, advertising, promotion and presentation.
Students will be able to work in marketing agencies as multimedia marketing designers, art directors or "production artists". They can also work in publishing houses and newsrooms, post-production, as special effects designers, web designers, or animated content designers. They can work in WEB design studios or independently create WEB presentations and design on the Internet. Students can also work on the application of advanced study techniques or on the design of multimedia content in TV studios and film studios.
Students also acquire key general competencies in the field of information and computer technologies related to computer systems and networks, computer network management, system software, algorithms and data structures, programming principles, databases, business applications and e-business, so they are trained for wider range of jobs related to the implementation of computer technologies in various business and administrative environments. This knowledge also enables students deeper insights and a broader and better understanding in the application of basic student competencies in the target program areas of computer graphics and multimedia.
- Students will acquire general professional knowledge in the field of information and computer technologies which are the basis for understanding and application in computer multimedia and graphics, as well as the basis for vertical passability of studies in the fourth year, through subjects: "Discrete mathematical structures", "Computer systems architecture". and network "," System software (operating systems) "," Programming principles "," Databases "," Computer network management "," Algorithms and data structures "," WEB programming and design ".
- The master's degree in computer graphics, design, animation and multimedia includes subjects: "Vector graphics and design", "Raster graphics and design", "DTP-digital publishing", "CAD-with the basics of technical drawing", "Digital photography", "Computer animation", "3D animation", "Multimedia".
- With the subjects "Digital video editing", "Sound processing and analysis", "Advanced study techniques and special effects", "Interactive digital television", students are trained to work on film and television, as well as in other forms of production and post-production of digital video forms.
- In the field of theoretical foundations of design and creative writing, the subjects "Graphic Design", "Scriptwriting", "Multimedia Content", enable students to write scripts, marketing communication and create WEB content.
- Students will master the advanced level of specialist application of computer graphics and design in marketing, advertising, PR and promotion by studying "Visualization of propaganda message-Art direction", "Internet marketing and electronic business", "Television advertising", "Business applications".
- Through STUDENT TELEVISION AND STUDENT RADIO APEIRON, students are provided with quality practical training in real television and radio conditions… Internships will be organized through other television companies and companies that professionally deal with computer multimedia and graphics. Given the extremely wide field of activity, many models of employment in the field of multimedia and computer graphics are possible, from independent performance in the global "freelancing" internet market, to work in teams, independent companies, production and television companies, radio stations, marketing agencies, film studios, any other forms of employment related to the acquisition, production and post-production of digital video forms (images and sound), realization of design concepts and solutions, computer animation, Brand Design, Color Grading, special effects, all the way to independent work or work in teams on the development of all forms of WEB forms and in general any form of multimedia digital visual communication. Opportunities for employment in the field of providing audiovisual media services of television and radio stations and broadcasters, both at home and abroad, are especially emphasized…
Throughout the program, emphasis is placed on acquiring practical and applicable knowledge and skills. Practical works / projects and a large number of tasks are done from each subject. Upon completion of the study, the student is fully qualified for successful work in all areas of computer graphics and multimedia.
The study program involves the acquisition of skills for independent work in software packages designed for design such as Maya, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash, Final Cut, Adobe Photoshop and others.
Among the tools and technologies that students will master after completing the study program include:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office
- HTML & CSS
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Audition
- Sony AcidPro
- Drawing on digital boards
- Photography and photo processing
- 3D Studio Max
- Technical drawing with CAD technologies.
The objectives of the study program "Computer Multimedia and Graphics" are theoretical and practical training of IT experts in the application of computer graphics and design, multimedia systems, professional software support and equipment, as well as audio and video equipment in the field of digital graphics and multimedia. The aim is also to enable IT professionals to solve complex tasks in the field of interactive design in various new media environments, such as production and processing of digital multimedia content (vector and rater computer graphics, digital images, animation, digital video and sound), advanced video use in studio techniques, processing and application of sound and sound effects, application design and corporate interface. The aim of the study program is to form a critical opinion about existing graphic design products on the market, interactive presentations, WEB pages and for the student to develop a critical attitude towards their work. The program trains IT experts for the installation and implementation of multimedia systems and devices for studio and independent production of programs and multimedia content in accordance with world standards. The goal is also to acquaint students with modern methods of creating multimedia presentations, quality and fast transmission of multimedia information and the need to maintain high quality information.
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
(Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology)
He was born on April 28, 1956. in Prijedor, where he finished elementary school and high school. He graduated from the Faculty of Economics in Banja Luka in 1980. He received his master's and doctoral degrees from the same faculty in 1997 in the field of Business Informatics. From 1980 to ...