Computer multimedia and graphics
a/ Bachelor's degree of the first cycle lasting 3 years (6 semesters) – 180 ECTS
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Computer Multimedia and Graphics - 180 ECTS (Bachelor of Multimedia & Graphics Computing - BSc.CM&G)
The goals of the study program "Computer Multimedia and Graphics" are the theoretical and practical training of IT experts in the application of computer graphics and design, multimedia systems, professional computer software support and equipment, as well as audio and video equipment in 24 areas of digital graphics and multimedia. The goal is also to train IT experts to solve complex tasks in the field of interactive design in various new media environments, such as the production and processing of digital multimedia content (vector and raster computer graphics, digital images, animations, digital video and sound), advanced use video in studio techniques, processing and application of sound and sound effects, application and corporate interface design.
The aim of the study program is also to form a critical opinion about existing graphic design products on the market, interactive presentations, WEB pages, and for the student to develop a critical attitude towards his work.
The program will train IT experts to set up and implement multimedia systems and devices for studio and independent production of programs and multimedia content in accordance with world standards. The goal is also for students to become familiar with modern methods for creating multimedia presentations, high-quality and fast transmission of multimedia information, and the need to maintain the high quality of produced information.
The purpose of the study program is the training of IT experts who will be employed in a large number of branches of the application of IT technologies and the IT industry in the field of computer graphics and multimedia, such as:
- creation of various graphic and multimedia contents in printed and electronic media in the fields of digital publishing, electronic newspapers, internet presentations and in the field of marketing and advertising;
- creation of interactive and multimedia content in the production of TV programs and films (technical aspects), as well as in the production of marketing content;
- checking the technical quality of the produced program in accordance with the standards for recording and transmission;
- creation of audio content in radio programs in radio stations and on the Internet;
- design and maintenance of multimedia information systems;
- creation of dynamic WEB content and interactive WEB applications;
- electronic publishing;
- production of an animated program;
- radio and TV journalism;
- intercultural communication;
The program primarily focuses on the areas of graphic design, visual communications, multimedia, interaction and synthesis of different media, production and dynamic visual principles, application of graphic design and multimedia in public communications, on the Internet in marketing and advertising, multimedia in the function of public relations, promotion and visualization of the propaganda message, and the synthesis of multimedia in the field of interactive digital television, film and in the production of various video content. The program also covers theoretical aspects of design and creative writing in the field of scriptwriting. Students master the advanced methods and techniques of processing digital images, sound, video, illustrating, animating and composing interactive multimedia content, advanced studio techniques.
Students also acquire knowledge in other areas of information and computer technologies related to computer systems and networks, computer network management, system software, algorithms and data structures, principles of programming, databases, business applications and electronic business.
1. Subjects of general abilities and skills that enable students to acquire general and generic competencies of the educational cycle as a whole:
Which develop instrumental (personal) competencies of students
- Analytical and synthesis abilities;
- Application of qualitative and quantitative methods in decision-making;
- Communication skills, presentation skills and teamwork;
- Knowledge of foreign languages with professional applications;
System competences needed by modern experts to be able to make optimal decisions in the face of time deficit in environments where multiple independent (often conflicting) variables operate.
Methodology of knowledge acquisition, research and use of research and analytical technologies and equipment;
Within the general education group of subjects, the following subjects are available to students in the compulsory and optional program: "Mundology" (cultural-civilizational paradigms of civil democratic society), "Communications", "Philosophy of life" (academic skills), which represents a kind of general and special methodology with academic skills, "Social Psychology", "Decision Theory", "Fundamentals of Systems Theory and Management", "Foreign Languages".
System competences are acquired through research and professional work (seminar, access, specialist), practice, work in laboratories, study work (graphic, film, TV studies) and marketing, PR or. promotional agencies.
2. Core study subjects:
- General-professional and professional-applied subjects in the field of information and computer technologies: "Discrete mathematical structures", "Architecture of computer systems and networks", "System software (operating systems)", "Principles of programming", "Databases", "NET management - administration and management of computer networks", "Algorithms and data structures", "WEB programming and design".
- Master study in the field of computer graphics, design and multimedia, which includes the subjects: "Vector graphics and design", "Raster graphics and design", "CAD with the basics of technical drawing", "Digital photography", "Processing and analysis of sound", " Computer animation", 3D animation", "Multimedia", "Digital video editing", "Advanced studio techniques and special effects", "DTP-digital publishing", "Interactive digital television".
- Courses in the field of theoretical foundations of design and creative writing: "Graphic design", "Scriptwriting", "Multimedia content".
- Subjects in the field of specialist application of computer graphics and design in marketing, advertising, PR and promotion: "Visualization of propaganda message: Art direction", "Internet marketing and electronic business", "Television advertising", "Business applications".
- Courses that expand knowledge from basic scientific fields of study;
The most general generic competencies at the level of each cycle of education, which must be possessed by every graduated student, regardless of the study program or the institution where he completed his higher education, are defined as:
- Dublin descriptors (Dublin descriptors), which represent a set of criteria on the expected achievements and abilities of students to distinguish different cycles of education, which were proposed by the Joint Quality Initiative (JQI), and which are accepted as the basis of the description of each cycle of education on ministerial meeting in Bergen in May 2005.
- The general framework for qualifications in European higher education (Framework for Qualifications of the European Higher Education - EQF for HE), which was adopted at the ministerial meeting in Bergen in May 2005.
Summary of general subject-professional - generic competencies (FIRST CYCLE)
Key generic competencies
Students should be able to:
- basic knowledge of the profession
- basic knowledge of the field of study
- ability to choose
- Ability to make decisions;
- Awareness of the degree of uncertainty and risks involved in making a decision;
- Realizing the implications and consequences of the choice;
- Ability to argue and defend a decision.
- communication skills
- ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- ability to analyze
- Identification of the work environment in which problem solving takes place;
- Defining assumptions and goals for problem solving;
- Determining the resources and competencies necessary to solve the problem;
- the capacity to apply knowledge in practice - the ability to implement,
- Planning and organization for the execution of tasks/tasks;
- Appropriate setting of parameters;
- Choosing an option and making a decision;
- Argumentation and implementation of the decision;
- Understanding and Awareness;
- Leadership skills;
- ability to manage information
- the ability to find and analyze information from different sources
- basic computer skills
- ability to adapt to new conditions
- capacity to make an oral and written presentation in their native language
- research skills
- capacity to learn
- ability to work independently
Key subject-professional competencies
Students should be able to:
- To demonstrate knowledge of the basics and history of their major field of study/discipline;
- To show (express) acquired basic knowledge in a coherent way;
- To include new professional information and interpretations in that context;
- To demonstrate an understanding of the overall structure of the field of study and the connection with scientific disciplines;
- To demonstrate that they understand and can apply methods of critical analysis and theoretical development in their field of study;
- To correctly apply appropriate disciplinary methods and techniques;
- To demonstrate an understanding of research methods in the relevant field;
- To show that they understand the experimental tests and observations on which scientific theories are based.
These competencies are categorized as instrumental, interpersonal and systemic:
- Instrumental competencies include:
- Cognitive abilities, understanding and manipulation of ideas and thoughts.
- Methodological abilities to communicate with the environment: organizing time and strategies for learning, making decisions or solving problems.
- Technological abilities related to the use of technological means, computers and the application of information management skills.
- Language skills such as written and oral communication or knowledge of foreign languages.
- Interpersonal competences: Individual abilities that include the ability to express one's feelings, social skills such as interpersonal skills, working in teams, or expressing social and ethical commitment. These competencies enable processes of social interaction and cooperation.
- System competencies are those skills and abilities that relate to the entire system. They represent a combination of understanding, sensibility and knowledge, with the help of which a person will be able to see the relationship between individual parts and how they make up the whole. These abilities include the ability to plan changes in order to improve existing systems and create new systems. Systemic competences require prior acquisition of instrumental and interpersonal competences
Generic descriptors of first cycle studies according to general educational outcomes adopted at the Bergen Conference (19-20 May 2005):
Qualifications representing the successful completion of the first cycle (180-240 ECTS points) are awarded to students who:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the field of study, which builds on their secondary education and is common at first cycle level, supported by appropriate learning resources at higher education level (university textbooks, information and communication technologies), which includes aspects of knowledge of advanced achievements in a given field of study;
- can apply detailed knowledge and critical understanding of the principles related to a given field of study/discipline in a way that shows a professional approach to work or profession, and possess competencies that are usually expressed by the ability to form and support opinions and positions with arguments and the ability to solve problems within the given field of study;
- have the ability to collect and interpret relevant data (within a given field of study) on the basis of which they make judgments that may also include reflections on relevant social scientific or ethical issues;
- they can apply the basic methods of acquiring knowledge and applied research in a given discipline, and are able to decide which approach to use to solve a given problem, and are aware of the extent to which the chosen approach is appropriate for solving such a problem;
- can present and convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to an audience that is specialized in a given field of study, but also to an audience that is not specialized, using the appropriate language (and where appropriate, one or more foreign languages) and using communication tools technology;
- have built learning skills necessary for further study, with a high degree of autonomy and academic skills and properties necessary for research work, understanding and evaluating new information, concepts and evidence from different sources;
- possess the foundation for future self-direction and lifelong learning;
- have acquired interpersonal and teamwork skills, suitable for employment and/or further study.
The "Computer Graphics and Multimedia" program prepares students for independent and creative work in the field of multimedia and interactive media design. The program enables the acquisition of theoretical, professional and practical knowledge in the field of digital arts, graphic design and multimedia content design, as well as a wider range of social and humanistic subjects related to the field of multimedia communication, marketing and advertising.
Courses in the field of design and processing of multimedia content aim to train each student to work on projects that include the realization of design concepts and solutions, using computer applications and the possibility of multimedia, creative expression. Working in such an environment is characterized by the use of digital technologies, as well as interactive narration and dynamic visualization in an interactive environment, in order to create a wide range of materials for visual communication.
Students of this program are trained to conceptually and visually create various interactive multimedia forms. Students gain knowledge about the technological and aesthetic features and possibilities of WEB design and animation and about all segments of the process of creating an animated film. Students are trained in leadership and technical or. design production of Internet marketing campaigns, as well as for conceptual and structural creation of visual identity in the WEB space.
In the field of WEB design and application of multimedia content on the Internet, the study program enables students to:
- creative work in the field of WEB design, as well as designing WEB sites and portals,
- introduction of interactive media, 2D and 3D computer graphics and animation on the Internet,
- development of human-computer interaction,
- development of the graphic interface of WEB applications,
- creation of visual computer 3D models
A student who completes the "Computer Multimedia and Graphics" study program is qualified to work independently or as part of a team:
- WEB designer
- User interface designer
- Designer of interactive platforms
- 3D modeler
- 2D and 3D animators
- Visual effects designer
- The concept and character of the designer
- Motion graphics designer
Students are trained for independent or team work on complex multimedia content design projects with advanced study techniques in the field of television production and film, and production of interactive multimedia content in the field of marketing, advertising, promotion and presentation.
Students will be able to get a job in marketing agencies as designers of multimedia marketing content, art directors or production artists. They can also work in publishing houses and newsrooms, post-production, as special effects designers, web designers, or designers of animated content. They can work in WEB design studios or independently create WEB presentations and design on the Internet. Students can also work on the application of advanced studio techniques or on the design of multimedia content in TV studios and film studios.
Students also acquire key general competencies in the field of information and computer technologies related to computer systems and networks, computer network management, system software, algorithms and data structures, principles of programming, databases, business applications and electronic business, so that they are equipped for wider spectrum of jobs related to the implementation of computer technologies in different business and administrative environments. At the same time, this knowledge enables students to gain deeper insights and a broader and better understanding of the application of students' basic competencies in the target program areas of computer graphics and multimedia.
- Students will acquire general-professional knowledge in the field of information and computer technologies, which are the basis for understanding and application in computer multimedia and graphics, as well as the basis for vertical passability of studies in the fourth year, through the subjects: "Discrete mathematical structures", "Architecture of computer systems and network", "System software (operating systems)", "Principles of programming", "Databases", "Management of computer networks", "Algorithms and data structures", "WEB programming and design".
- The main study in the field of computer graphics, design, animation and multimedia includes the following subjects: "Vector graphics and design", "Raster graphics and design", "DTP-digital publishing", "CAD-with the basics of technical drawing", "Digital photography", "Computer animation", 3D animation", "Multimedia".
- With the subjects "Digital video editing", "Sound processing and analysis", "Advanced studio techniques and special effects", "Interactive digital television", students are trained to work in film and television, as well as in other forms of production and post-production of digital video forms.
- In the field of theoretical foundations of design and creative writing, the courses "Graphic Design", "Scriptwriting", "Multimedia Content" train students to write scripts, marketing communication and create WEB content.
- Students will master the advanced level of specialist application of computer graphics and design in marketing, advertising, PR and promotion by studying "Visualization of propaganda message - Art direction", "Internet marketing and electronic business", "Television advertising", "Business applications".
- Through STUDENT TELEVISION AND STUDENT RADIO APEIRON, students are provided with quality practical training in real television and radio conditions... Practice will be organized through other television companies and companies that professionally deal with computer multimedia and graphics. Considering the extremely broad field of activity, many models of employment in the field of multimedia and computer graphics are possible, from independent performance on the global "freelancing" internet market, to working in teams, independent companies, production and television companies, radio stations, marketing agencies, film studios, any other forms of employment related to the acquisition, production and post-production of digital video forms (images and sound), realization of design concepts and solutions, computer animation, Brand Design, Color Grading, special effects, up to independent work or working in teams on the development of all forms of WEB forms and in general any form of multimedia digital visual communication. Particularly noteworthy are the employment opportunities in the field of providing audiovisual media services for television and radio stations and broadcasters, both here and abroad...
Throughout the program, emphasis is placed on acquiring practical and applicable knowledge and skills. Practical works/projects and a large number of tasks are done in each subject. Upon completion of studies, the student is fully qualified for successful work in all areas of computer graphics and multimedia.
The study program includes the acquisition of skills for independent work in software packages intended for design such as Maya, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash, Final Cut, Adobe Photoshop and others.
Among tools and technologies which students will master after completing the study program include:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office
- HTML & CSS
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Audition
- Sony AcidPro
- Drawing on digital boards
- Photography and photo processing
- 3D Studio Max
- Technical drawing with CAD technologies.
The knowledge goals of the study program "Computer Multimedia and Graphics" are theoretical and practical training of IT experts in the application of computer graphics and design, multimedia systems, professional software support and equipment, as well as audio and video equipment in the field of digital graphics and multimedia. The goal is also to enable IT professionals to solve complex tasks in the field of interactive design in various new media environments, such as production and processing of digital multimedia content (vector and raster computer graphics, digital images, animation, digital video and sound), advanced use of video in studio techniques, processing and application of sound and sound effects, application design and corporate interface. The aim of the study program is to form a critical opinion about existing graphic design products on the market, interactive presentations, WEB pages and for the student to develop a critical attitude towards his work. The program trains IT experts to install and implement multimedia systems and devices for studio and independent production of programs and multimedia content in accordance with world standards. The goal is also to acquaint students with modern methods of creating multimedia presentations, high-quality and fast transmission of multimedia information and the need to maintain high-quality produced information.
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
(Dean of the Faculty of Information Technologies)
He was born on April 28.4.1956, 1980. in Prijedor, where he finished elementary school and high school. He graduated from the Faculty of Economics in Banja Luka in 1997. At the same faculty, he received his master's degree and doctorate in 1980 in the field of Business Informatics. From XNUMX to ...