The Student Parliament of the Pan-European University Apeiron (SPPUA) is the highest representative body of the students of the Pan-European University Apeiron, which consists of elected student representatives of all faculties/organizational units of the University for a period of one year. At its session, the Parliament elects the SPPUA presidency, which consists of the president, vice-president and secretary.
Student representatives, as well as members of the Presidency, are elected in the SPPUA elections by secret and direct voting.
The main objectives of SPPUA are:
- improvement of working conditions and the position of students;
- improving the quality of teaching and accelerating the transformation of higher education, and harmonization with European and world programs;
- protecting the rights and interests of students;
- improving the student standard and contributing to the social, cultural, academic and physical-recreational needs of students;
- representation of students before other public and private higher education institutions and state management bodies, and before other international associations and authorities;
- support for University autonomy and international recognition of diplomas;
- development of international cooperation, and full membership in international student associations, including student exchanges.
In order to achieve its goals, SPPUA directly cooperates with:
- Administration of the University and its other organizational units;
- scientific, cultural and student organizations in the country and abroad.
The work of SPPUA is public, and its presidency is obliged to take all necessary measures to ensure the publicity of its work, and to fully inform members about the organization's work.
In its previous work, the Student Parliament of the Pan-European University Apeiron has implemented numerous activities and projects that were important not only for the students and the University, but also for the social community.
Some of the most important activities are:
- annual humanitarian action of voluntary blood donation;
- humanitarian action for children from the UKC children's clinic;
- support for holding the "Days of Inclusive Sports" event;
- support for the organization of the international "IEEE Students and Young Professionals" congress in 2019.
The manner of management and decision-making of the SPPUA, election rules as well as other issues related to the work of the SPPUA are regulated by the Statute of the Student Parliament of the Pan-European University Apeiron.
President of the Student Parliament of the Pan-European University "Apeiron"
Aleksandra Roljić, Faculty of Health Sciences, email@example.com
Vice President of the Student Parliament of the Pan-European University "Apeiron"
Žana Šukalo, Faculty of Traffic
Secretary of the Student Parliament of the Pan-European University "Apeiron"
Anja Dražić, Faculty of Information Technologies
Representative of the Faculty of Business Economics
Representative of the Faculty of Philological Sciences
Representative of the Faculty of Information Technologies
Representative of the Faculty of Sports Sciences
Representative of the Faculty of Health Sciences
Representative of the Faculty of Legal Sciences
Representative of the Faculty of Traffic